Air Travel Details
- We have chosen Portland Airport (PWM) as the pickup/drop-off point because it is the closest commercial airport to camp, allows us excellent flexibility, and should make for the least possible camper waiting time.
- All flights arriving from campers' home cities should terminate at Portland, Maine (PWM). Campers will be met as they deplane by camp staff members, and then travel to camp aboard a charter bus or van. The bus trip from Portland takes about 1-¼ hours. We strongly recommend that you utilize the “unaccompanied minor” escort service provided by most airlines to insure your child’s supervision during all legs of the flight.
- All flights departing to campers’ home cities will originate from Portland, Maine. Our staff members will supervise all campers from the time they depart camp until their plane takes off. We strongly recommend that you utilize the “unaccompanied minor” escort service provided by most airlines to insure your child’s supervision during all legs of the flight.
- Please note that the arrival/departure 'window' at Portland is between 12:00PM and 3:00PM. Earlier or later than these times can generally be accommodated, but it is much better if you can schedule your flight to arrive or depart within this window.
- As a flyer, your camper will be riding a charter bus or van between camp and the airport, and a charge for this service will be added to your June bill. (See prices on the Travel Overview page).
- On departure day, please plan to arrive at the airport in plenty of time to check your camper’s luggage through to its final destination, being certain that every piece of luggage is marked clearly with name, address and tel. # of your home and that of the camp. For specific luggage limitations please contact your airline. All baggage claims should be stapled to tickets.
- Campers should carry small or medium-sized instruments onto the plane with them. Airlines usually include these as part of the carry-on luggage. For larger instruments you should consult with your airline. We recommend that you check with you camper’s private teacher regarding preparation and packing of instruments for air travel or shipping.
- Campers who are flying are urged to wear their Encore/Coda shirt so that they can be more easily recognized by the staff members who will be greeting them.